In order to stay accountable to myself, I have to actually post on my blog. I was stuck in July. I got swallowed up in the summer and it has been swift so far.
July is like a little island where all we do is disconnect. As such, I’m making strides in some places and I’m stagnating in others.
Things I want to do weekly:
- Exercise 4x a week: 16–15 trips to my gym plus yoga.
- Give kids weekly allowance: Nope.
- Do one act of kindness each week: Nope.
- Read one full length article in a magazine every week: Nope.
Things to do every month:
- Regular library trips: Nope but all are reading
- 2 Yoga classes: 1 yoga class with girls–outdoors! Took the girls to Om Street, a yoga-palooza that happens every year in our town. Big sister loved it. Little sister lost interest early on. Still a great morning with my little ladies.
- Read 2 books: 1 book. It was a doozy.
- Into Thin Air by John Krakauer
- Write 2 blog posts: locked down one blog post and made false starts on several others.
- Choose outside: This has been the easiest of goals. I get outside nearly every day at work once a day and every minute otherwise we’re outdoors. So many outside highlights including the High Line in New York, cruising Westport with my oldest friend, and the little sister’s birthday party.
- 1 date night: Super night with husband seeing Love’s Labor Lost outdoors.
Some other great stuff that happened this month:
- Trip to New York City
- Big kiddo tried out overnight camp for the weekend
- Little kiddo went to a baseball game with her dad
- Goodbye party for dear friend
- Date night with friend plus 24 hours alone
- Dinner with friends from overseas
- Day date with oldest friend
- Outdoor yoga
- Birthday and party for littlest one
- Weekend with nephews