February was a complete wash. I got the flu. It took me out for over two weeks. It started out unassumingly enough with a snow day. Before the snow started, I had been at the gym and I’d noticed a tickle in my throat. It didn’t seem to be anything much until three hours later, snow began falling outdoors and I was shivering under two blankets. Five days with a fever and five more days of getting my strength back.
So you can understand how it was kind of a wash:
- Exercise (make room for one non-WIP workout per week): Shut up. I actually managed 9 workouts. I also slept a TON.
- Allowance for the kids: Mostly. I think I missed one week. Getting into a groove.
- Read 30 books this year: Read 1 book this month.
- Stone Mattress by Margaret Atwood
- Write regularly: Nope.
- 1 hike per month, preferably with the kids: I was sleeping.
- 1 date night: Indian dinner out!!
- Donate blood 6 times: Not this month. Next month.
- Volunteer once a month: We checked out the dog rescue organization’s volunteer event and got familiar with what we would be doing. It was awesome!
- Self care (once per quarter): Crickets.
- Experiment with podcasting: Posted a minipod and recorded two new episodes with Matt. Nothing new or experimental right now.
- Find new opportunities to speak in front of an audience: Crickets.
- Capture my “best thing all week” every week all year long (52 total): Eight weeks, 8 best things recorded.
- Financial planning for the household: Flu.
- Get our unfinished rooms completed: Got seating and table/chairs for the basement! Not quite all assembled but pretty darn close.
- Crochet regularly: Working on a scarf for Sadie and it might be done before the winter is over.
Other February highlights:
- Getting over the flu
- Hosted husband’s college friends for a visit (that was supposed to happen earlier this month and we managed to reschedule)
- Led the baking of 300 hamentaschen for Purim
March is redemption month. In like a lion….