March was supposed to be redemption month. It came in like a lion indeed with a bout of stomach sickness for me just after I recovered from the flu. And then life felt like a sprint until it didn’t, as March eased out, like a lamb, as promised.
I was able to get a few things done:
- Exercise (make room for one non-WIP workout per week): 17 WIP workouts so even though I was sick, that’s not bad.
- Allowance for the kids: We fell off the wagon a little but were saved by birthday money and tooth fairy visits.
- Read 30 books this year: Read 3 books this month! All three were incredible!
- Bad Feminist by Roxanne Gay
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi
- Write regularly: Cranked out a blog post that helped ease some sadness for me.
- 1 hike per month, preferably with the kids: It was cold. No hiking for us yet.
- 1 date night: We did have two nights out with friends. I’d like to count that since nights out are hard to come by.
- Donate blood 6 times: 2nd donation of the year logged on March 24th!
- Volunteer once a month: We volunteered at our first rescue event early in the month. It was amazing!
- Self care (once per quarter): Crickets.
- Experiment with podcasting: Still in a holding pattern on new and experimental but we did get some new content recorded.
- Find new opportunities to speak in front of an audience: Crickets. I have some ideas for next speaking opportunities so I’m hoping April will be my month.
- Capture my “best thing all week” every week all year long (52 total): Twlve week, 11 best things recorded.
- Financial planning for the household: Crickets.
- Get our unfinished rooms completed: Finally finally picked up the yogibo and got the furniture assembled. The basement room is done! Next up: the porch.
- Crochet regularly: Working on a scarf for Sadie and it might be done before the winter is over.
Other March highlights:
- Getting over the stomach nonsense
- Throwing birthday bash for my now 9 year old, including a party full of girl AND a trip to the aerial ropes course
- Bought some incredible flowers at the annual Elizabeth Park Greenhouse Sale
- Got lots of family time with my sister and her family and with my married family
- Attended the Girl Scout VIP Dance as a family where we cut many a rug
- Hosted old friends and met their new baby
- Testified expertly at a public hearing for work
- Celebrated Passover with family on both sides