Spring is here–except you’d almost never know it given the wacky New England weather. It rained this month. It snowed this month. The sun shone strong and it broke 70 degrees more than once. I wore rain boots and snow boots.
The world has not made up its mind about which way we’re headed. So we wait patienyl for winter to settle down and for spring to emerge.
I was able to get a few things done:
- Exercise (make room for one non-WIP workout per week): 14 bootcamps plus 2 workouts on our cruise.
- Allowance for the kids: Totally off the wagon. Have to figure out how to regroup and recover in May.
- Read 30 books this year: Read 3 books this month! All three were incredible!
- Euphoria by Lily King
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- You Will Know My by Megan Abbott
- Write regularly: Published one blog post I’d been working on for month.
- 1 hike per month, preferably with the kids: Yes! On the first nice weekend of the year, Emily and I hit the trails with a friend and our cousins.
- 1 date night: Crickets. But I feel like we will be getting some good time in together next month.
- Donate blood 6 times: Due to donate for the third time next month.
- Volunteer once a month: Volunteered at our second dog rescue event and our dog was adopted. So many good vibes from helping and snuggling with dogs.
- Self care (once per quarter): Two months running with no dedicated self-care. It’s a pattern developing.
- Experiment with podcasting: Picked out the equipment I need (and want) and planning to acquire the equipment this month. New experiment is coming.
- Find new opportunities to speak in front of an audience: Found a new storytelling opportunity and pitched a story to them.
- Capture my “best thing all week” every week all year long (52 total): Going strong–been capturing something every week and just looked to see some incredible highlights so far.
- Financial planning for the household: Crickets.
- Get our unfinished rooms completed: Brought in the contractor to talk about finishing off the porch. Started to scope out furniture for the porch, too. Waiting on an estimate and looking forward to having the work done early summer.
- Crochet regularly: Made a baby hat while on vacation and still finishing Sadie’s scarf which is now for next year.
Other April highlights:
- First family cruise
- Jewish cooking club is finally off the ground–helped coordinate the first session: kugel!
- Our friend is home from the hospital and feeling better
- Softball is starting
- We saw Chelsea Clinton speak
April showers had better quit in here in the northeast. We’re over tons of rain and ready for May flowers, being outside, seeing friends and family and kicking off summer!