July was madness. It was joyful and thrilling and relaxing and amazing. We were a family of three, then four again then five. We celebrated a 7th birthday, picked up our oldest from her first month away at camp, hosted one of the Israeli scouts living in our community for the summer. We did literally all of the things you could do.
So in July:
- Exercise (make room for one non-WIP workout per week): 21 bootcamp workouts this month! I also got in two softball games–played catcher, hit the ball into the outfield!
- Allowance for the kids: Crickets.
- Read 30 books this year: Read 1 book this month so that means I’ve finished 13 books this year. Planning on lots of reading at the beach.
- Big Little Man: In Search of my Asian Self by Alex Tizon
- Write regularly: You see, it was a busy month. I wrote a fair amount at the start of the month. Then life got insane and I just read and slept.
- 1 hike per month, preferably with the kids: One amazing hike with husband and youngest–there was scrambling over rocks and almost getting lost and me carrying my little on my back uphill for almost ten minutes. It was awesome!
- 1 date night: 2 date nights plus some more free time. We had our wedding anniversary and a night at a show.
- Donate blood 6 times: Fourth donation complete! Super happy about my progress.
- Volunteer once a month: No dog volunteering this month. Instead I volunteered with a friend’s campaign for state representative. I believe in her and I was tired of feeling helpless. I spent two nights door knocking (both nights my little one joined me) and I wrote almost 30 postcards to local constituents.
- Self care (once per quarter): No progress here. It was so busy but that’s not an excuse.
- Experiment with podcasting: Yup, nothing to report
- Find new opportunities to speak in front of an audience: Nothing this month. I was asked to give a keynote at work so I’m looking forward to a new opportunity to give an extended talk.
- Capture my “best thing all week” every week all year long (52 total): Going strong.
- Financial planning for the household: Nothing happening.
- Get our unfinished rooms completed: Work complete on the three season room we’re now calling the beach porch. Ordered furniture in July and items have arrived. So close!
- Crochet regularly: A quiet month for crocheting again but this month there will be more sitting.
- Anniversary celebration date night
- My organization moved offices–I’m now around the corner from my husband and get to see him during the day and it’s awesome.
- Went to happy hour
- Date night seeing In the Heights
- Political volunteering
- Celebrating a 7th birthday at hibachi dinner and then with a painting party
- Picking up oldest from camp
- Concert in the park
- Boating–first time paddleboarding
- Mystic Aquarium and lobster rolls
It might be halfway through August but we’ll be pressing on through the end of the summer…..