So what if I am posting about last month’s goals and almost half of December is over. In a few days I’ll have to start reflecting on 2018 and planning for 2019. 2018 has been such a confusing year. There were high highs and low lows. But for now, there are still 19 days until I have to think about 2018 coming to a close. And for now, I can stretch this victory lap on November.
- Exercise (make room for one non-WIP workout per week): 14 WIP workouts plus one workout on location. A busy month full of travel and family and food.
- Allowance for the kids: Nada times ten. Need to plan for next year.
- Read 30 books this year: Read 3 books this month.
- My Name is Lucy Barton by Elizabeth Strout
- Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
- Chasing Chickens (manuscript) by Rachel Neff
- Write regularly: I started National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) for the second year in a row. It’s ambitious to think you could write a whole novel in 30 days and I usually last for about 7-10. I was able to commit about 10,000 words to the page. So something is brewing.
- 1 hike per month, preferably with the kids: 1 awesome outdoor hike with kiddos and friends.
- 1 date night: Crickets here.
- Donate blood 6 times: In between donations this month. I’ll make my 6th and final donation of the year in December.
- Volunteer once a month: Poll standing on election day.
- Self care (once per quarter): No massage this month.
- Experiment with podcasting: Pricing out equipment.
- Find new opportunities to speak in front of an audience: This was a tough one to work on this month. No real progress.
- Capture my “best thing all week” every week all year long (52 total): Going strong.
- Financial planning for the household: May have found a local financial planning firm so going to investigate that.
- Get our unfinished rooms completed: Found a desk for the office and have to start on the girls’ room refresh. This is now officially a 2019 project.
- Crochet regularly: Meh. I started something to keep my hands busy.
Additional November highlights:
- Election Day
- Thanksgiving dinner with both sides of the family
- Signing my friend’s Ketubah and attending her wedding reception on Thanksgiving day
- Successful jet-set conference trip to Miami
It’s the home stretch. The final push towards 2019. I cannot wait to see what (the rest of) December has in store.