All month, I had my plan in mind. I feel security having a plan.
Then there was inauguration. The world feels off-center. Off center is an understatement. It’s more like an alternate reality.
I feel pulled in a million directions but am still plugged into my plan.
So here’s where things stand this first month:
Things I want to do weekly:
- Exercise 4x a week: CHECK. I used to exercise to relieve stress. My work is less stressful and now I realize I’m exercising to protect my family in case society breaks down. No, really. I can throw stuff.
- Give kids weekly allowance: CHECK. I prepped in advance so it’s going smoothly. Still need to discuss budgeting.
- Do one act of kindness each week: NOPE. It’s been a busy month and I know I probably did little things for friends and loved ones but nothing that was intentional.
- Read one full length article in a magazine every week: KINDA. So I am basically always reading something. I have tried to sit down and read a longer analysis but it feels like there is no time for that right now.
Things to do every month:
- Regular library trips: Made it once with the girls. A tantrum made the trip short-lived.
- 2 Yoga classes: NOPE.
- Read 2 books: YES!
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Write 2 blog posts: YES
- New year’s Post
- Agnostic rallier
- Choose outside: YES! Went for a snow hike with husband
- Savings: No movement on this yet
- 1 date night: YES! Snuck in a double date plus dinner with husband
- Got my guitar to make good on learning some new songs
- Donated blood (done until April)
- Started Duolingo: Still working on the basics of French.
- Pitched one story
- Did my first organ donation talk
So it was busy. February is a short month but I’m determined to make it count.